Subject: RE: MorphPlus to LW
From: [email-masked] (Daen Campbell)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 94 22:04:14 -0700 (PDT)

>Eric Brown writes:
>
>Has anyone actually taken a Morph Plus sequence and displayed it in a LW
>animation.  I've tried it by loading the sequence under the Images menu-
>nothing shows up when it's rendered.
>
>I've also tried loading it up a frame at a time in the Images menu, but
when
>it is rendered it only renders the last frame that was keyframed.
>
>I've called NewTek and ASDG.  Spent a couple of days on the phone with
each.
> NewTek had a guy that I didn't get to speak to directly.  He said to put
a
>zero in the front of the sequence name- AANNTT! didn't work.  ASDG finally
>told me that NewTek's proprietary...- in short, they don't mix.
>
>So if anyone has actually done it, please let us in on the secret.
>
>Tanx a lot,
>
>[email-masked]

I have used a Morph Plus sequence in a LW animation I did. I don't remember
having any problems. The numbering I used had a zero before the frame
number I wanted (ie: 'Name'.01214 - loads the image for use on frame 1214).

The morph I did consisted of a photo on a wall that held it's first image
for a period of time before the morph began. To keep the morph stationary
before I needed the action, I loaded the first frame as an image (not a
sequence) and mapped it on the photo. Then when the rendering got to the
morph section, I replaced the mapped image with the mapped sequence with
the above numbering.
This works better than using a sequence the whole time (ie. with setting
the first frame as 'name'.00001 and the beginning of the morph as
'name'.01214) because although LW uses the first frame until it finds
another in the sequence, at the beginning of rendering each frame it
searches your hard drive for a new image in the sequence. When it doesn't
find one, it begins a backwards search an image to use. The hard drive
noise is painful to listen to when you are rendering frame 600 and still
haven't started your morph (LW looks for 'name'.00600, 'name'.00599,
'name'.00598, ..... 'name'.00001).

If you still have problems, drop me a line and I'll see if I can help.
--

           _/_/_/_/     _/_/_/_/         Daen [email-masked]
          _/     _/   _/                    TURKEYSLICE PRODUCTIONS
         _/     _/   _/
        _/     _/   _/                     "I toast therefore I am."
       _/_/_/_/     _/_/_/_/             (Talkie Toaster -- Red Dwarf)